LIFE WEST FITNESS CENTER & GYMNASIUM RULES AND REGULATIONS
The following Rules and Regulations are intended to make the Life West Fitness Center & Gymnasium (“Facility”) at 25001 Industrial Blvd, Hayward CA 94545 as safe, enjoyable and pleasant as possible for all users (“Users”). These Rules are applicable to all Users and may be changed from time to time by Life Chiropractic College West (the “College”), in order to provide for the safe, orderly and enjoyable use of the Facility’s facilities and equipment.
- Use. No person may use the Facility unless they have signed a Waiver of Liability and have used an authorized Access Card to enter the Facility. This Facility is open to approved users only. An approved User is designated as a person who has signed the Facility Waiver and has been provided with the approved Access Card access from the College. Guests are not authorized to use the Facility. Approved users shall not grant access to the Facility, nor permit the Facility to be used, by any unauthorized persons.
- Fitness Center Trainers or Classes. Only College approved fitness professionals will be authorized to conduct College approved Fitness Training or Classes in the Facility.
- Hours of Operation. In order to accommodate thorough cleaning of the Facility on a daily basis, the Facility may be used only during the following hours: Monday to Friday: 5:00 AM to 8:00 PM | Saturdays & Sundays: 6:00 AM to 1:00 PM
The Facility will not be open for use on any day the College is closed. The Facility may be closed, and its hours of operation modified at least 24 hours in advance of any closing, unless such closing is due to emergency.
- Clothing. Closed toe footwear must be worn at all times. Users of the Facility must wear clean and appropriate attire.
- Conduct. Any conduct that unreasonably interferes with the use or enjoyment of Facility or the equipment by others, or disrupts or interferes with the normal, safe, orderly and efficient operation of the Facility or the equipment, is strictly prohibited. Personal audio equipment may not be used without headphones. Violation of this rule will be subject to suspension of user access.
- Smoking. Smoking of any kind or any other consumption of tobacco products is strictly prohibited in the building.
- Solicitations and Petitions. Solicitation for the sale of any product or services, or for charitable contributions, and petitions of any kind, are strictly prohibited.
- Identification. Upon request by a College employee or personnel, users must present their College provided Access Card for identification purposes. Neither the College nor the College’s Agents assumes responsibility for loss of Access Card.
LIFE WEST FITNESS CENTER & GYMNASIUM CONSENT AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
In order to use the facilities, fitness center, gymnasium, locker rooms and equipment (the “Facility”) located at 25001 Industrial Blvd, Hayward CA 94545, I hereby certify, covenant, and agree as follows:
- I fully recognize that I am responsible for the knowledge of my own state of health at all times and for the use of the Facility at my own risk.
- I will exercise and participate in all activities at my own risk. I acknowledge that neither the Life Chiropractic College West (the “College”), nor any of the College’s regents and trustees, directors, employees, agents’, contractors, consultants, advisors, affiliates and other representatives, and their successors and assigns (all of which are hereinafter referred to as the “Indemnified Parties”), are expected or required to provide training on the operation and use of any of the equipment in the Facility or to provide training materials.
- I acknowledge that none of the Indemnified Parties have made any representations or warranties about the condition of the equipment.
- I acknowledge that the Facility is unstaffed and that my use of the Facility will be at my own risk. I understand and acknowledge that the Indemnified Parties do not have any expertise in diagnosing, examining or treating medical conditions of any kind or in determining the effect of any specific exercise on such medical condition and that I will not look to any of them for such diagnosis, examination or treatment.
- I understand that the locker room doors within the Facility do not lock and any visual or audio device does not monitor the locker rooms.
- I understand that by participating in one or more exercises or fitness activities at the Facility, or by using any of the equipment or the Facility in any way, there is a possibility of accidental or other physical injury to me, loss of life or loss of my personal property. I agree to assume that risk of any such accident, injury, loss of life or loss of property. I hereby release and forever discharge the Indemnified Parties from any and all liability, harm and damage, and waive any and all claims whatsoever, for any injury, accident, loss of life or loss in connection with my use of or entry into the Facility, including, without limitation, any claims arising from or related to the lack of any automated external defibrillators or similar life saving devices in the Facility. In addition, I hereby agree to forever defend, indemnify and hold harmless the Indemnified Parties from any and all costs, claims, liability, harm, damage or expenses resulting from my entry into the facility or use the equipment. I understand that this Agreement to release, waive, defend, hold harmless, and indemnify the Released Parties shall apply to the fullest extent allowed by law even if the loss, injury or harm is caused by the negligent actions or failure to act of the Releasees.
- I acknowledge that I have received and read a copy of the current Rules and Regulations governing the use of the Facility (a copy of which is attached hereto). I agree that I will fully comply with all rules and regulations as they are amended from time to time.