One of the biggest names in chiropractic research is speaking at The WAVE, Life Chiropractic College West’s annual conference in August.
Heidi Haavik, DC, the Director of Research at the New Zealand College of Chiropractic and author of the best-selling book, “The Reality Check: A Quest to Understand Chiropractic from the Inside Out,” will host a discussion that examines “How Adjustments Can Affect Your Health.” A chiropractor with a doctorate degree in human neurophysiology, Dr. Haavik has published several papers in chiropractic and neurophysiology journals and is a recipient of numerous research awards for her in-depth assessments relating to chiropractic adjustments of dysfunctional spinal segments (vertebral subluxations) on somatosensory processing, sensorimotor integration and motor cortical output.
Dr. Haavik last spoke at The WAVE in 2017.
Touting a very accomplished resume, Dr. Haavik:
- was named Chiropractor of the Year in 2007 by both the New Zealand Chiropractic Association and the New Zealand College of Chiropractic Alumni Association
- is the founder of Haavik Research—a team dedicated to seeing a world full of people expressing their optimal potential
- is on the Editorial Board of the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics and Journal of Chiropractic Education
- runs a company that supports the mission of enlightening the world about the science of chiropractic, therealitycheck.com
- has established the Centre for Chiropractic Research (CCR) at the New Zealand College of Chiropractic—both a dedicated research arm of the college and a resource for the college
Be sure to attend Dr. Haavik’s address at The WAVE 2019. Not only will you earn a 1-hour live CE credit, but you can learn how adjustments affect both the brain and the nervous system, with explanations as to why people feel better, sleep better, relax easier, have less pain and cope better when under chiropractic care. Her research speaks directly to this year’s conference theme, The Science, Philosophy and Art of Chiropractic: The Salutogenic Model.
The WAVE is scheduled for Aug. 16-18 at the Oakland Marriott City Center in Oakland, California. Register for The WAVE 2019 at lifewestwave.com.