As Life West celebrates Black History Month during the month of February, the Life West community is invited to take part in a trivia contest.
The first person to submit all of the correct answers to Mercy in the admissions department (room 120L) will win a $100 voucher for the Life West Bookstore.
Ready, Set, GO!
- Who wrote this quote: “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere”?
- How did Black History Month originate, and what was it called when it began?
- Who is thought to be the first African-American to graduate from a chiropractic college?
- In which state did Walton Russ earn his chiropractic license?
- Who was the first African-American to appear on a U.S. postage stamp?
- What is the name of the civil rights activist known as one of the founders of the NAACP, a women’s rights activist, and who was at one point the most famous black woman in America?
- Who wrote “My People” in The Crisis, the official magazine of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP)?
- What is the last name of the family that stars on the American sitcom “Good Times”?
- In which year was Milton Reese recognized as Alabama Chiropractor of the Year?
- Who was the first black Nobel Peace Prize Winner?
Life West also marked American activist Rosa Parks’ birthday on Monday, Feb. 4, and added a Black History Month lesson to Friday seminar, in which a timeline was shown and African-American Harvey Lillard, whose hearing was cured when he received the first chiropractic adjustment from D.D. Palmer in 1895, spent time in the spotlight.