Mission Trip America is a humanitarian program sponsored by Life Chiropractic College West. This student/faculty coalition provides complimentary chiropractic care to those in the San Francisco Bay Area with little or no access to health care.
We know that when we share an experience, we learn from each other. MTA is about sharing our resources and our experiences with others from a core of service and abundance.
The Mission Trip America Team will
- Express selfless service and benevolence
- Gain experience in addressing a unique array of
- Learn to communicate the chiropractic message to
a new community
- Expand public awareness and education about chiropractic
- Learn appreciation for the less fortunate or disenfranchised
- Bring a free chiropractic clinic to the community
MTA was founded in August 2008 by two Life West students and a Life West staff member who shared a desire to serve the health needs of those in our own backyard. Some communities right here in the US are experiencing many of the same conditions as disadvantaged populations in third-world countries. As the availability of affordable health care declines in the United States, it is evident that people need our help. In an effort to close the gap between the affluent and the impoverished, the MTA team provides complimentary chiropractic care to deserving communities such as the homeless, jobless, and indigent.
All care is overseen by licensed Doctors of Chiropractic.
Life Chiropractic College West has legacy of commitment to service. Mission Trip America echoes that mission. Mission Trip America has a mission to promote the health and overall well-being of the sick and poor through service and collective action among community members and professional volunteers, students, and participants.
Our vision is to impact the world population with improved health, to unite the fortunate and less fortunate, and to leave the world a better place.
Who is eligible to participate?
- Are actively enrolled
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Are HIPAA trained
- Serve as LCCW faculty
- Are HIPAA trained
How to apply
- Complete an application from the Life West Academic Counselor in the Office of Academic Affairs
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a Life West instructor, clinic doctor, or another chiropractor
- Complete HIPAA training via library video
- Pay a $20 fee/donation to the Business Office
- Interview with MTA Program Director
Once your application is complete and approved, you will receive a welcome packet. You will be emailed regarding upcoming events. You have an opportunity to participate in any monthly event as an assistant or an adjusting intern depending on your eligibility.