Alameda County is fully aligned with the state reopening guidelines and rescinded its Shelter-in-Place Order in a statement on June 14th which you can find here.
Over the summer break the campus is being returned to normal capacity and in the week before the start of summer quarter we will be sending out further updates to students and employees. Please note the following:
- As a healthcare facility, the Health Center will continue to require that its interns, faculty, staff and patients wear masks until further notice, independent of vaccination status;
- The college will no longer require door screening or social distancing;
- The pre-screening process for all students and employees is no longer necessary. But you are encouraged to err on the side of caution when deciding to come to the college if you are symptomatic;
- CalOSHA guidance is that unvaccinated individuals should wear masks when inside shared spaces;
- Please respect the choices of individuals if they wish to either wear or not wear masks.
Finally, the Taskforce would like to thank you all for your patience and understanding over the last 15 months. It has been a journey! But we have made it through and learned a lot along the way about our resilience and capacity for keeping Life West a thriving community – Giving, Doing, Loving and Serving from our own abundance. We appreciate each and every one of you!
If you have any questions or concerns, please email us at email@example.com.
Life West Taskforce Response Team