Life West has a global student body – welcoming future chiropractors from all over the world
International students may attend Life West on F-1 (Student) status. Accepted students will be issued an I-20 form, which is a certificate that enables you to apply for an F-1 visa.
International Admissions Requirements
International students must meet the same admission requirements as students here in the United States. As an international student, you will be asked to provide the following additional documentation:
- If you are an Indian passport holder, please refer to our enrollment team in India
- Financial Statements showing that the student has the resources to pay for at least one academic year of study.
- An evaluation of transcripts by a foreign transcript evaluation agency for high school and college work completed outside of the United States.
- We currently accept evaluations from World Education Services, IERF and ECE.
- Acceptance of evaluations from other providers will be determined on a case-by-case basis.*Coursework completed in colleges from within the English-speaking British Commonwealth MAY not require an outside evaluation. The decision if an outside evaluation is necessary will be made by the Life West admissions committee.
- Proof of proficiency in the English language.
- Complete the I-20 Request Form and submit copies of passport ID pages for student and all accompanying dependents.
If the student’s first language is not English, one of the following is required:
- TOEFL Exam (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
Requires a test score of 550 (Internet based score requirement is 80)
Life West’s institutional code is 4458.
Scores must be no more than 2 years old to be valid.
- Documentation verifying student completed extensive university level studies at an institution where English was the medium of instruction.
- IELTS Exam
*Requires a test score of 6.5
How to Apply
Please follow the same process and time frame as other students as indicated on the admissions process page, with the addition of the above mentioned items.
We recognize the special needs of students attending the school from another country. We have dedicated an admissions specialist for international students.
Once you have requested information or applied, the international admissions representative Debbie Calero will be in contact with you.
Download the international student Checklist here.
Download the Canadian Student Checklist here.
International Student Tuition Credit
All matriculating international students will receive a 20% tuition credit for their first quarter of enrollment.
Eligibility Criteria to continue receiving the tuition credit in subsequent quarters:
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher.
- Tuition must be paid by the posted deadline.
- Enrolled as a full time student.
- The tuition credit will be applied the second week of each quarter.
- Provide proof of a valid student visa
Criteria applies to all international applicants. While we recommend you explore our scholarship offering for additional cost savings, it is not necessary to complete a separate scholarship application to be considered for this tuition credit.
For more information please contact the Admissions Office at 1.800.788.4476.