The fundamental steps of the Life West admissions process:
- 1Apply about one year prior to your soonest possible start date.
- 2Send your official transcripts and all other required documents to the admissions department for review. You will send you transcripts to date now, even if you are still taking classes.
- 3Stay in regular communication with your admissions representative to coordinate your file completion and feedback.
- 4Your (completed) file will be sent to the admissions committee to determine if you are eligible for a level of acceptance. You will be notified once you are accepted.
- 5Stay in touch with your admissions rep until you arrive for orientation the Friday before classes begin and you have achieved your final official acceptance.
Check out these steps in detail below:
Step One: Application Process
Students may begin the application process prior to completing the required coursework. We recommend that students apply about one year prior to the intended start term. You may use the online application.
Step Two: Send in the required documents
Step three: Contact your Admissions Rep
Use this list to find your assigned representative and stay in touch.
Step four: Eligibility Review
Applicant files are reviewed by the admissions personnel and transcript analyst in order to consider admissibility to the DC program per College and CCE standards. Once a student is considered eligible for a level of admissions the file is submitted to the admission committee for final review and an admission decision.
Life West reviews files weekly and issues the following levels of acceptance on an ongoing basis:
Provisional Acceptance indicates we are missing documentation of your completion of all the coursework needed to begin school. We may also be missing other documents to complete your file.
If a provision acceptance is issued, prior to full acceptance, all admissions requirements must be met and remaining documents must be submitted. In addition, outstanding documents and information must present continued academic and personal success as indicated in the original evaluation.
Full acceptance indicates that the applicant has been evaluated as meeting all admissions requirement; their application file is complete with all final official documents, and that the candidate has demonstrated a positive academic and personal record acceptable to the admissions committee.
For international students, full acceptance is required before Department of Homeland Security/INS application forms can be issued for non-immigrant status.
International Students should familiarize themselves with the additional requirements for international admissions.
Transfer Students will require additional documentation as listed on the Transfer Student section.
Life West expects applicants who have received an offer of admission to enroll in the term for which they applied. In limited cases, students will be allowed to defer to a new term of entry provided that there are compelling reasons for the proposed delay in matriculating. Detailed requests from applicants to defer admission must be made in writing to the Life West Dean of Enrollment.
Should a request be denied, or should a deferral be approved for more than one year from the original term of entry, a new application and application fee must be submitted for the applicant’s new targeted term of entry.