Life West welcomes students wishing to transfer from other chiropractic colleges. The needs of transfer students can be very specialized and as such we have a specialist in admissions to assist you with your entire application process firstname.lastname@example.org
Transfer students must submit the following additional documents:
- A Statement of Good Standing from current chiropractic college (form available as PDF)
- A written statement of reasons for wishing to transfer to Life West (as part of the required application essay)
- Transcripts from all previous chiropractic colleges attended indicating a cumulative chiropractic grade point average of at least a 2.0 on a scale of 4.0
Students may begin the application process prior to completing the required coursework. We recommend that transfer students apply as far in advance as possible since the process for evaluating another chiropractic college’s transcripts can take extra time.
A complete application requires the following additional elements:
- Completed and signed application (paper or online versions accepted)
- A non-refundable application fee of $45
- Personal essay (1 -2 pages)
- Official or unofficial high school transcript(s)
- Official college/university transcript(s) from all colleges attended
- Faculty interview (in person or by phone)
Transfer or Re-admission Requirements
Please send us official copies of your prerequisite transcripts and the following documents: A brief personal statement as to why you wish to transfer, and a good standing form completed by your current chiropractic college. Official transcripts from any chiropractic colleges you have attended.
Once you have been accepted, our academic advisor will evaluate your chiropractic transcripts, and let you know which courses are accepted and which need to be repeated (in the case of D’s or F’s), as well as what courses are still to be completed.
All reasonable efforts are made to assist each student in graduating in a timely manner. However, no guarantee is possible relative to a graduation date for any student.
Students Returning To Life West
Students seeking to return to Life West must complete a new application, with the required application fee, after being absent for any reason for three or more quarters. The application will be evaluated by the Director of Admissions. Special circumstances exist for students returning from academic or administrative dismissal, pending discussion with an admissions counselor.
Effective Fall of 2002, a student who discontinues chiropractic education for more than 5 academic years will not receive credit for previous chiropractic course work, must meet the current prerequisites, and will be re-admitted only as a freshman. An academic year equals 3 quarters.