The Academic Success Center at Life Chiropractic College West is located in room 107. The Academic Success Center is a space for students to study and ask for resources to use during the Life West journey. The Academic Success Center also houses the Life West tutoring program, the Registrar’s Office, two academic advisors, the academic counselor and the Canvas Support Specialist.
- Transfer student advising and scheduling.
- Respond to inquiries from students and regular individual meetings with students.
- Assist students in skills such as time management and study habits.
- Refer students to academic counselor regarding personal concerns and for information about ADA and accommodations.
- Share other campus resources such as tutoring and Student Life.
- Provide short workshops and additional support to Alternate Admissions Track Program students.
- Provide support to students regarding personal matters as they relate to academic success.
- Provide support to international student population, track degree progress, and inform students of policies, procedures, degree completion, etc.
Life West is committed to supporting its students in their wellness!
Please visit Tia Ruggles in the Academic Success Center, Room 107 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment to chat about any of the following:
- Accessibility Services – to address learning barriers such as known or suspected disabilities and to facilitate the provision of accommodations upon receipt of documentation substantiating a disability
- Study Skills Training – to determine learning styles, establish optimal study patterns, identify available resources, adopt relaxation techniques, evaluate test-taking strategies, address impediments to the learning process and more
- Learning stress management, relaxation
- Developing organizational skills
- Overcoming test anxiety
- Enhancing your awareness and sensitivity to others
- Adjusting to new surroundings/circumstances, or a new culture
- Managing the course load while maintaining a successful and satisfying educational experience
- Identifying test-taking strategies
- Developing better study skills
- Making referrals to outside counseling services
- Life West has partnered with a counseling agency local to the area, and is committed to providing short-term counseling services to all students. Life West will provide access to 3 (three) counseling sessions to students each year.
- Provide to students for courses with the highest fail rates.
- Recommend tutoring services to students.
- Communicate with tutoring program personnel to match students with tutor for individual/small group tutoring services.
- Inform students of regular weekly group tutoring sessions.
- Verify tutee attendance and participation with tutoring program personnel.
- Gather feedback about tutoring program.
Students can email email@example.com to inquire about individual and group tutoring services or visit the Academic Success Center for more information.
- Work with faculty and students to support all Canvas activity.
- Provide direct Canvas assistance and training to faculty and students.
- Work in coordination with faculty and Academic Success Center staff to provide supplemental academic support to students using both Canvas and other digital and traditional methodologies and tools.
- Ensure all Canvas academic FAQs are up to date.
- Coordinate Canvas Team Help Desk activities.
- Ensure all online and Canvas supported materials meet ADA and other Federal regulations.
Tia Ruggles – Academic Advisor – x4900 – firstname.lastname@example.org – Office 107Q
Diana Romo – International Student Academic Advisor – x2760 – email@example.com – Office 107R
Joanne Mangale – Support Specialist – x2110 – firstname.lastname@example.org – Office 107U