To advance chiropractic through world-class chiropractic education, clinical excellence, philosophical inquiry, research and scholarly activity in a climate of love and service.
The vision of Life Chiropractic College West is to create a brighter future for humanity.
- Philosophical Inquiry: Ensure a climate that provides openness to diversity of thought and expression and that is congruent with the chiropractic tenets
- Critical Thinking: Provide a climate and structure that emphasizes the value of inquiry and develops critical thinking skills
- Teaching and Learning: Provide a community where students, faculty and the institution improve and grow through exemplary understanding of how we learn
- Research: Support a culture that ensures opportunities in scholarly inquiry congruent with the institutional mission.
- Service: Provide and encourage service opportunities that support our community and the advancement of the chiropractic profession.
INSTITUTIONAL STRATEGIC GOALS
Success of the Institutional and Programmatic Missions of Life Chiropractic College West require specific and intentional efforts to achieve. Goals aimed at achievement of the vision and mission of the college include:
- Increasing Enrollment
- Increasing Student and Graduate Success
- Creating a Financially Sustainable future
- Increasing Institutional Effectiveness
- Focus Research on the Nervous System, Pediatric Chiropractic Care and Quality of Life Issues
- Create a “Wow” Student Experience
- Have a Campus Experience Congruent with the Chiropractic Lifestyle
- Expand Alumni and Professional Relationships
DOCTOR OF CHIROPRACTIC PROGRAM MISSION
Life Chiropractic College West offers a doctor of chiropractic program through a leading-edge curriculum and clinical training experience providing graduate chiropractors with the knowledge, skills, philosophies, attitudes, and competencies to serve the health care needs of the public in the 21st century.
The program focuses on the relationship between the structure and function of the human body as coordinated by the nervous system, and the effect of the vertebral subluxation.
The program instills in the chiropractic graduate an appreciation for the innate potential of the human body to heal and adapt to its environment, and the role of the nervous system in the restoration, preservation and enhancement of human health and performance.
The Doctor of Chiropractic program prepares graduates for personal and professional fulfillment in a climate of loving, serving and giving.
LIFE WEST VALUES
- The philosophy of chiropractic and the understanding of vitalism, holism and innate intelligence
- Congruence in chiropractic and living a congruent chiropractic lifestyle
- Quality and commitment to excellence in all we do
- The seriousness of the subluxation and its effect on individual and global life expression
- The power and specificity of the chiropractic adjustment in restoring the integrity of the nervous system
- The environment and a commitment to a sustainable future
- A purpose driven life
- Our history and heritage
- Loving, serving and giving
- Integrity and ethics