Want to teach at Life West?
The purpose of the faculty member is to fulfill the educational mission of the department, the college and the college in cooperation with the other members of the department and others in the college community.
Think you’d be a good fit? Email your resume and application to email@example.com.
Essential Job Functions
- Comply with the LCCW code of conduct as well as all college policies, as specified in the Faculty Handbook.
- Primarily responsible for the instruction, supervision and evaluation of students in the classroom and/or laboratory setting as well as course assessments for the department.
- Prepare a syllabus for each course taught according to the college template and submit to the OAA quarterly.
- Be present during student office hours; office hours are for the primary purpose of communicating with students regarding the courses you are teaching and academic advising.
- Appropriately maintain all necessary records for each course taught.
- Attend all scheduled meetings and events as appropriate including but not limited to department meetings, faculty seminar, The WAVE, Spring for Life and commencement.
- Participate in the faculty governance including faculty senate and committee assignments.
In addition to instructional responsibilities, other responsibilities as outlined in the faculty handbook (faculty development, scholarly activity and service).
- Terminal Degree
- Minimum of three years practice experience
- Teaching or related clinical experience
- Strong teaching skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with and maintain confidentiality in regards to students/employee information
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects, adhering to strict timelines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High degree of initiative and independent judgment
- Appropriate multimedia and computer skills
- Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment.
- Requires ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents, set-up and maintain work files.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs., retrieving and placing materials on high shelves and on floor-level shelves; standing, walking, carrying, grasping, hearing, seeing, sitting, kneeling, climbing, balancing, stooping, crouching and reaching.
Work performed in a general office/educational environment.
Please answer the following questions in the body of your e-mail message:
- What do you see as the most beneficial aspect of diversity and inclusion to the College and to your work?
- Describe what kinds of experiences you have had interacting with others who have different backgrounds than your own.
- How have your experiences prepared you to advance our institution’s commitment to diversity and inclusion?
- Explain your understanding of excellence in diversity and inclusion in a higher education institution.
This job description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of Life Chiropractic College West. Since no job description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder’s responsibility.